|Vermont State Senate, Chittenden District|
|January 27, 2014 - Present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||January 27, 2014|
|Appointed by||Peter Shumlin|
Sirotkin founded a lobbying firm, Sirotkin and Necreason. He permanently left the firm after his appointment as Senator.
After his appointment, Sirotkin was assigned to serve on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2014|
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Vermont State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden has six state senators. Incumbents Philip Baruth, Virginia Lyons, Michael Sirotkin, David Zuckerman, Timothy Ashe and Dawn Ellis were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Diane Snelling and Joy Limoge were unopposed in the Republican primary. John Cisar, Glyn Wilkinson, Ben Mayer, Paul Washburn, Christopher Coolidge and Travis Spencer are running as Libertarian candidates. Baruth, Lyons, Snelling, Ashe, Sirotkin and Zuckerman defeated Ellis, Limoge, Wilkinson, Cisar, Mayar, Coolidge, Spencer, and Washburn.
|Vermont State Senate Chittenden District, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Virginia "Ginny" Lyons Incumbent||12.6%||23,488|
|Democratic||Timothy Ashe* Incumbent||12.2%||22,790|
|Democratic||Philip Baruth Incumbent||11.9%||22,217|
|Republican||Diane B. Snelling Incumbent||11.7%||21,855|
|Democratic||David Zuckerman** Incumbent||11.4%||21,333|
|Democratic||Michael Sirotkin Incumbent||10.6%||19,738|
*Ashe appeared on the ballot as both a Democratic and Progressive nominee.
**Zuckerman appeared on the ballot as both a Progressive and Democratic nominee.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
Sirotkin has two sons. His late wife, former Senator Sally Fox, passed away January 10, 2014, from a rare lung cancer.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Sirotkin + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont House of Representatives
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- VPR, "Fox's Husband, Lobbyist Michael Sirotkin, Appointed To Senate," January 27, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Burlington Free Press, "Longtime Vermont state legislator Sally Fox dies," January 18, 2014
Sally Fox (D)
|Vermont Senate Chittenden District
| Succeeded by|