|North Carolina House of Representatives District 3|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Craven County Community College, 2004|
|Service/branch||United States Marines|
|Years of service||20|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Speciale earned an A.A.S. in Business Management from Craven County Community College in 2004. He previously attended the Basic Law Enforcement Training program at Craven County Community College in 1995. Speciale has worked as an account manager for Salem Tools. He served in the United States Marines for 20 years.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Speciale served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs, Vice Chair|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Michael Speciale was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Whit Whitley was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Whitley and Speciale will face off in the general election.
Speciale ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 3. He defeated Wayne Langston and Clayton Tripp in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Speciale defeated Robert B. Cayton in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Robert B. Cayton||40.8%||14,320|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 3 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Speciale is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Speciale raised a total of $143,938 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|Michael Speciale's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 3||$143,938|
|Grand Total Raised||$143,938|
2012Speciale won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Speciale raised a total of $143,938.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Speciale's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$99,541|
|Branch Banking & Trust Corp||$4,000|
|Friends of Ruth Samuelson||$4,000|
|North Carolina Republican House Caucus||$3,168|
|Catlin for North Carolina House||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$143,938|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Speciale and his wife, Hazel, have two children. They currently reside in New Bern, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Speciale + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michael Speciale on Facebook
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Speciale, Michael David," accessed August 29, 2013
Norman Sanderson (R)
|North Carolina House - District 3
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |