|Nevada State Assembly, District 30|
|February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$152/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|High school||Incline High School, 1987|
|Bachelor's||Loyola Marymount University, 1992|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sprinkle served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Ways and Means|
Sprinkle's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We need to find new revenue sources to help bolster our education system. Teacher pay needs to stay competitive and resources for our children need to be equivalent to the best school systems nationwide. With better educated students, our state will attract more businesses willing to relocate here and we will not lose our best and brightest to other regions of the country."
- Excerpt: "We must work on providing for a more stable and strong economy. With a strong economy and high quality education system, big business will want to start up, expand or relocate here. Nevada is a wonderful place for people to work and raise their families. The stumbling blocks our economy has experienced in the past do not and will not prevent growth and prosperity in the future."
- Excerpt: "With Nevada having one of the highest jobless rates in the nation, we must work diligently to reverse this trend and put people back to work. Creating new jobs and protecting the ones we have will be one of my highest priorities."
Working Men and Women
- Excerpt: "Along with creating new jobs, we must protect the benefits of the hard working men and women of Nevada. Families should not have to sit around the dinner table talking about how their job or its’ benefits might be eliminated. Working men and women, and their children, have suffered enough and I will work tiredlessly to maintain and enhance their lives and livelihoods."
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Michael Sprinkle was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Lauren Scott defeated Adam Khan in the Republican primary. Sprinkle defeated Scott in the general election.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 30 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Sprinkle ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 30. Sprinkle ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and defeated Ken Lightfoot (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 30, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Sprinkle is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Sprinkle raised a total of $127,705 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 25, 2013.
|Michael Sprinkle's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Assembly, District 30||$85,327|
|2006||Nevada State Assembly, District 32||$42,378|
|Grand Total Raised||$127,705|
2012Sprinkle won election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Sprinkle raised a total of $85,327.
|Nevada State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Sprinkle's campaign in 2012|
|Nevada State Education Association||$6,000|
|Northern Nevada Laborers||$3,000|
|Nevada Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|Reno Firefighters Association Local 731 IAFF||$2,900|
|Total Raised in 2012||$85,327|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2006Sprinkle lost the election for the Nevada State Assembly in 2006. During that election cycle, Sprinkle raised a total of $42,378.
|Nevada State Assembly 2006 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Sprinkle's campaign in 2006|
|Assembly Democratic Caucus Of Nevada||$6,400|
|Forward Together PAC||$5,000|
|Reno Fire Fighters Local 731||$3,000|
|Democratic Legislative Caucus||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2006||$42,378|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Citizen Outreach: Ratings for the 2013 Nevada Legislature
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills dealing with government regulations, taxes/fees and individual liberty. Citizen Outreach selected 22 Assembly bills and 32 Senate bills to analyze for its scorecard.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Nevada Policy Research Institute: The 2013 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their voting record concerning economic freedom and education reform.
- Nevada Conservation League: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada: Facing Race – 2013 Legislative Report Card on Racial Equity
- Legislators are scored on their votes on education equity, economic equity, health equity and civil rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Sprinkle + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Nevada State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Michael Sprinkle on Facebook
- Michael Sprinkle on Twitter
- Mike Sprinkle for Assembly District 30, "Issues," accessed October 23, 2012(Archived)
- washoecounty.us, "2014 List of Candidates Who Have Filed for Office," accessed April 23, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Sprinkle, Michael," accessed June 25, 2013
- Nevada State Legislature, "Session Information," accessed July 3, 2014
Debbie Smith (D)
|Nevada State Assembly District 30
| Succeeded by|