Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 102|
Swyers' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
As a lifelong tradesman, I know that good jobs are the key to a strong middle class. Working families should never take a back seat to extreme partisan politics.
We need a legislative agenda that supports our St. Charles County schools and elected leaders who value our proud tradition of high performing classrooms.
Creating a friendly economic climate that encourages new industry must be a priority. Missouri can’t afford to turn its back on major employers and the jobs they bring.
Taxes should be as low as possible on everyone. Government does not have a tax problem. It has a spending problem.
Law-abiding citizens should be trusted to responsibly exercise their right to bear arms.
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. John Callahan was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Kurt Bahr defeated Michael Swyers in the Republican primary. Bahr faced Callahan in the general election. Incumbent Bahr defeated Callahan in the general election, and was re-elected to another term.
|Missouri House of Representatives District 102, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kurt Bahr Incumbent||69.8%||6,809|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 102 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Kurt Bahr Incumbent||66.2%||2,755|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Swyers + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri House of Representatives
- Missouri House of Representatives District 102
- Missouri House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Missouri State Legislature
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Elections: Offices Filed in Candidate Filing," accessed April 11, 2014
- Citizens for Michael Swyers, "Issues," accessed July 22, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results - State of Missouri - Primary Election - August 5, 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List - Primary Election," accessed July 24, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results-State of Missouri-General-November 4, 2014: Unofficial Results," November 8, 2014
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |