|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 22|
|2015 - Present|
|November 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||New York, New York|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Moffatt served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Government Organization|
|• Political Subdivisions|
|• Roads and Transportation|
Moffatt's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. District 22 is represented by two delegates. Incumbent Jeff Eldridge and Gary McCallister defeated incumbent Joshua Barker in the Democratic primary. McCallister defeated Barker by one vote in a recount. Michel Moffatt and Justin Mullins were unopposed in the Republican primary. Eldridge and Moffatt defeated McCallister and Mullins in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 22 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Jeff Eldridge: Incumbent||40.1%||1,676|
|Joshua Barker Incumbent||30%||1,253|
Moffatt ran in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 22. Moffatt and Gary L. Johngrass advanced unopposed in the May 8 primary election. He was challenged by Josh Stowers, Jeff Eldridge, and Gary Johngrass in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michel + Moffatt + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- West Virginia State Senate
- West Virginia State Senate elections, 2014
- West Virginia House Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- Profile from the West Virginia House of Delegates
- Michel Moffatt on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Moffatt for Delegate, "Issues," accessed October 19, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
Joshua Barker (D)
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 22
| Succeeded by|
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |