|North Carolina House of Representatives District 118|
|2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Presnell is a small business owner.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Presnell served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Michele Presnell is unopposed in the Republican primary, while Dean Hicks is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Presnell won election in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 118. She defeated Ben Keilman and Jesse Sigmon in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012 and defeated incumbent Ray Rapp (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 118 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Michele D. Presnell||51.3%||18,749|
|Democratic||Ray Rapp Incumbent||48.7%||17,788|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 118 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Michele D. Presnell||56.1%||4,214|
Comprehensive donor information for Presnell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Presnell raised a total of $107,039 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 4, 2013.
|Michele Presnell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 118||$107,039|
|Grand Total Raised||$107,039|
2012Presnell won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Presnell raised a total of $107,039.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michele Presnell's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$56,962|
|Cmte to Elect Thom Tillis||$4,000|
|Friends of Ruth Samuelson||$4,000|
|Keith W Presnell for North Carolina Senate||$4,000|
|Mitch Gillespie for North Carolina House||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$107,039|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michele + Presnell + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Presnell, Michele D" Accessed September 4, 2013
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |