Michigan 1972 ballot measures
1972 ballot in Michigan.
- Three passed, while five were defeated.
- Six measures were put there through a vote of the Michigan State Legislature.
- Elections on ballot measures took place took place in May, August and in the general election in November.
On the ballot
|Proposal A||Gambling||Allow legislature to authorize lotteries and the sale of lottery tickets|
|Proposal B||Admin of gov't||Permit members of legislature to resign and accept another office|
|Proposal A||Judicial Reform||Allow trial by jury of less than 12 jurors|
|IndISS||Proposal A||DST||Whether to establish of daylight savings time in Michigan|
|IndISS||Proposal B||Abortion||Allow licensed physicians to perform abortions|
|Proposal C||Taxes||Limit property tax for school, county, and township purposes|
|Proposal D||Taxes||Permit state to impose graduated income tax|
|LRSS||Proposal E||Veteran Affairs||Bonds for bonus payments and educational benefits to veterans|
- List of Michigan ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Michigan
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Michigan