Michigan Citizens Redistricting Commission Amendment (2014)
|Not on ballot|
The fourteen person commission would be made up of the following:
- Five people selected by the political party whose candidate won the previous gubernatorial election.
- Five people selected by the political party whose candidate came in second place in the previous gubernatorial election.
- Four people who are not affiliated with either of the two political parties placing first and second in the previous gubernatorial election.
People who served as elected or appointed government officials, as officers of a political party or received compensation as a lobbyist during the preceding ten years would not be eligible to serve on the citizens commission. People appointed to the commission would not be allowed to run for office or receive compensation as a lobbyist for five years after their appointment to the commission.
Any final decisions on redistricting would require the agreement of at least nine members of the commission, including at least three members from each of the two political parties placing first and second in the previous gubernatorial election and three members not-affiliated with either of the two political parties.
The following officials sponsored the amendment in the legislature:
- Rep. Sean McCann (D-60)
- Rep. Andy Schor (D-68)
- Rep. Adam Zemke (D-55)
- Rep. Dian Slavens (D-21)
- Rep. Ellen Cogen Lipton (D-27)
- Rep. Phil Cavanagh (D-10)
- Rep. Sarah Roberts (D-18)
- Rep. Gretchen Driskell (D-52)
- Rep. Brandon Dillon (D-75)
- Rep. Jeff Irwin (D-53)
- Rep. Bill LaVoy (D-17)
- Rep. Douglas A. Geiss (D-12)
- Rep. Tom Cochran (D-67)
- Rep. Jon Switalski (D-28)
- Rep. Charles M. Brunner (D-96)
- Rep. Pam Faris (D-48)
- Rep. Charles Smiley (D-50)
- Rep. Sam Singh (D-69)
- Rep. Robert L. Kosowski (D-16)
- Rep. George T. Darany (D-15)
- Rep. David Knezek (D-11)
- Rep. John Olumba (I-3)
- Rep. David Rutledge (D-54)
- Rep. Vicki Barnett (D-57)
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-12)
- Rep. Stacy Erwin Oakes (D-95)
Path to the ballot
- See also: Amending the Michigan Constitution
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |