For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Allocation Amendment (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
- Note: The bolded points would ha e been created by the resolution, the non-bolded points were already allowed.
- The acquisition of land for recreational and conservation purposes.
- The management of land and water for recreational purposes.
- The development of public recreation facilities.
- The development of maintenance of trails and roads on state-owned land.
- Infrastructure directly related to natural-resource-based industries, including timber harvesting and mining.
- Infrastructure on waterways, including breakwaters and dredging operations.
- Payments in lieu of taxes on state-owned land.
- The administration of the trust fund.
The measure would have also required that 40 percent of the revenue received by the Michigan Natural Resource Trust Fund go to the Michigan State Parks Endowment Fund until such fund reaches an accumulated $400,000,000. As of 2014, the Michigan State Parks Endowment Fund receives all revenues from the natural resources trust fund until the parks fund reaches an accumulated $800,000,000.
The Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund is a fund designed for all bonuses, rentals, delayed rentals and royalties collected by the state under provisions of leases for the extraction of nonrenewable resources from state owned lands.
The following officials sponsored the amendment in the legislature:
Path to the ballot
- See also: Amending the Michigan Constitution
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |