Michigan Public Employment Relations Repeal Initiative (2012)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
The Michigan Public Employment Relations Repeal Initiative will not be on the November 6, 2012 statewide ballot in Michigan as an initiated state statute. The initiative would have repealed the Public Employment Relations Act, PA 336 of 1947.
It was sponsored by the Committee to Transform Michigan. The sponsoring group's website says that the effort to place the measure on the ballot was abandoned in April 2011 due to a shortage of funding.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Michigan signature requirements
The initiative petition was approved for circulation on December 17, 2010.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Statewide Ballot Proposal Status November 6, 2012 General Election," January 3, 2011
- Associated Press, "Early MI ballot efforts target term limits, unions," December 17, 2010
- SteveHarryPublicPolicy.com, "Committee to Transform Michigan," accessed May 30, 2012
- Conversation with SOS office on May 30, 2012