For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 30|
|2015 - present|
|November 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Bates served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Banking and Insurance, Minority Vice-Chair, Insurance|
|• Health and Human Resources|
|• Small Business Entrepreneurship and Economic Development|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Mick Bates defeated Gordie Roop and Mel Kessler in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Linda Sumner was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bates defeated Sumner in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 30, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Linda Sumner Incumbent||49%||2,561|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 30 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Bates and his wife, Pam, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mick + Bates + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House of Delegates elections, 2014
- West Virginia House Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- Profile from the West Virginia House of Delegates
- Mick Bates on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Register Herald, "Mick Bates files for 30th District House of Delegates," January 16, 2014 (dead link)
- Facebook, "Pick Mick Bates Beckley House," accessed April 24, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
Linda Sumner (R)
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 30
| Succeeded by|
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |