|Mayor of Oklahoma City|
|2004 - Present|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||February 24, 2004|
|Oklahoma City City Counil|
|2001 - 2004|
|High school||Putnam City High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Oklahoma|
|Master's||New York University|
|Date of birth||July 16, 1958|
Before becoming mayor, Cornett served on the Oklahoma City City Council from 2001 to 2004.
Cornett holds a B.S. in Journalism from the University of Oklahoma and an M.B.A. from the New York University Stern School of Business. His professional experience includes working as a journalist.
- 2004-Present: Mayor of Oklahoma City
- 2001-2004: Oklahoma City City Council
Incumbent Mick Cornett defeated challengers Ed Shadid, Joe Sarge Nelson and Phil Hughes in the March 4, 2014 mayoral election. Because Cornett won with over 50 percent of the vote, a runoff election was not necessary.
|Mayor of Oklahoma City, 2014|
|Mick Cornett Incumbent||64.3%||25,517|
|Joe Sarge Nelson||0.7%||284|
|Source: Oklahoma State Election Board|
Cornett has three sons: Michael, Casey and Tristan.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mick + Cornett + Oklahoma City"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma mayoral election, 2014
- United States municipal elections, 2014
- City of Oklahoma, "Mayor," accessed February 14, 2014
- City of Oklahoma City "Candidates for the March 2014 Election" accessed February 14, 2014
- KOCO.com "Mick Cornett wins mayoral race with nearly 66% of vote," March 5, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official election results," accessed July 4, 2014
|Mayor of Oklahoma City
| Succeeded by|
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |