Middleton-Cross Plains School District Bond (2009)
The district retained Bray Architects in June of 2008 to "provide programming, referendum support, architectural / engineering, and interior design services for the District's proposed building projects."
This measure is one of three on the April 7 ballot in the Middleton-Cross Plains School District. The others are Middleton-Cross Plains School District Referendum (2009) and Middleton-Cross Plains Exceed Revenue Limits Referendum (2009).
The estimated tax impact on a $300,000 property would turn out differently according to what measures might pass.
- Option 1: New elementary school at the Pope Farm site — $195
- Option 1a: New elementary school and renovate Kromrey Middle School — $315
- Option 2: New middle school at Pope Farm site — $261
- Option 3: New elementary and middle school at Pope Farm site: $417
Wording of referendum
Initial Resolution Authorizing General Obligation Bonds in an Amount Not to Exceed $34,750,000 for School Building Program Be it Resolved by the School Board of Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, Dane County, Wisconsin that there shall be issued pursuant to Chapter 67 of the Wisconsin Statutes, general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $34,750,000 for the public purpose of paying the cost of a school building program consisting of the construction and equipping of a new elementary school including utility and other site improvements; a classroom and gymnasium addition at Glacier Creek Middle School; and an addition at Park Elementary School; and safety and security improvements to District facilities.
- Middleton-Cross Plains School District website
- A Community Conversation regarding referenda from the school district
- Referenda information from the school district
- Referendum Questions Adopted
- Bray Hired By Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Referendum Database
- Wisconsin Heights referendum passes; Middleton-Cross Plains' defeated, Wisconsin State Journal, April 8, 2009
- Middleton-Cross Plains weighs school options, Wisconsin State Journal, November 21, 2008