Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Arizona, District 1|
Olivas' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Miguel is dedicated to his vision of strengthening our national economy by reclaiming America’s historical prominence in manufacturing and innovation."
- Quality Education
- Excerpt: "The Constitution is clear that Education is the sole responsibility of the individual states. This is why Miguel agrees with the states that have made formal requests to the federal government to relieve their local school districts from some parts of the No Child Left Behind Act."
- Securing our Border
- Excerpt: "The issue of securing our nation’s borders is not only an issue to stop the flow of illegal immigration, stop the influence of the drug cartels, and to halt the negative impact on the environment."
- Small Businesses
- Excerpt: "Miguel is a consultant that has assisted many small businesses to overcome burdensome government regulations that strangle small business. He believes the government can do more by subtraction."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Miguel is committed to defending “THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.” "
- Excerpt: "Miguel believes the United States government has a moral obligation to provide the necessary resources to ensure the right decisions regarding compensation benefits to veterans are guaranteed."
- Excerpt: "America’s seniors worked hard to leave a strong and vibrant national legacy. It is now our obligation to say, thank you."