Mike Ball (Alabama)
|Alabama House of Representatives District 10|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Athens State University|
|Associate's||Jefferson State Junior College, 1982|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1973-1977|
|Birthday||September 17, 1954|
|Place of birth||Stockton, CA|
Ball's professional experience includes working as an agent-supervisor/hostage negotiator with the Alabama Bureau of Investigation - Major Crimes Unit from 1986-2003 and as a state trooper with the Alabama State Troopers, Highway Patrol from 1978-1986.
Ball served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Regulations
- Subcommittee on Campaign Finance
- Internal Affairs Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Madison County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
Ball did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Mike Ball is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Ball won re-election to the 10th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Ball raised $63,532 for his campaign.
In 2010, Ball raised $46,444 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Ball, Mike & Debbie||$5,000|
|Republicans For The Future||$2,500|
|Alabama Power Co||$2,000|
|Alabama Trucking Association||$2,000|
Below are Ball's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Business Council of AL||$7,500|
|Arthur Orr Campaign||$3,200|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$3,000|
|AL Forestry Assoc||$2,000|
Ball and his wife, Debbie, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Ball + Alabama + House + Legislature" Mike Ball News Feed
- Mike Ball's personal website
- Alabama Legislature - Mike Ball
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ball
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ball Issue Positions
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Alabama Endorsements," March 12, 2012
|Alabama House District 10
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|