Mike Ball (New Hampshire)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 9|
|2010 - 2012|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Bell emphasized 13 issues in his 2012 campaign:
- Taxes and spending: "I believe that our current budget crisis is a direct result of uncontrolled spending. Until we cure the unending desire in Concord to spend money we do not have, we are faced with a rapid decline in our quality of life and the loss of the "New Hampshire Advantage." My number 1 priority as your representative is to slash the size and scope of state government and to reassert the primacy of the New Hampshire Constitution as the basis for all expenditures. I will NEVER vote for (or support in any way) any effort to implement a broad based tax including a state-wide income tax or a state-wide sales tax."
- 2nd amendment rights: "I will protect your unalienable right to keep and bear arms."
- Education: "I believe that the children of New Hampshire deserve the finest education that we can provide and, to that end, I will support legislation to institute a voucher system that will improve our schools through the introduction of free market principles of competition and customer service."
- Veteran affairs: "I will support legislation to help fulfill the mission of the New Hampshire State Veterans Council."
- Illegal immigration: "Politicians from both parties in Washington, DC refuse to seriously enforce our immigration laws and secure our borders solely because of political considerations. This is a direct dereliction of the mandate to provide for the common defense as outlined in the U.S. Constitution. As your State Representative, I will support or sponsor, if necessary, legislation to ensure the enforcement of immigration law based on the format recently adopted by the State Legislature of Arizona."
- Health care and health insurance: "I will support legislation to block the implementation in the State of New Hampshire of President Obama's recently passed "Affordable Care Act" as it is a direct violation of the 10th Amendment of the United States Constitution. I will support legislation to fully open New Hampshire's insurance market to out-of-state providers to spur competition and provide our citizens with multiple low-cost insurance alternatives."
- Gay marriage/civil unions: "I believe that adult citizens of New Hampshire possess the unalienable right to order their personal relationships with other adult citizens in the manner in which they see fit."
- Expansion of casinos/gambling: "Adult citizens have the right to seek entertainment through gambling. I will support expanded gaming through the addition of slot machines and/or video gambling machines at our horse racing facilities as well as the implementation of state-regulated full resort casino facilities."
- Medical marijuana: "Government does not possess any compelling right to withhold any palliative treatment for those suffering from severe medical conditions and/or terminal illnesses. Withholding such treatment simply on the basis of moral opposition to marijuana consumption is the very definition of cruelty."
- Marijuana decriminalization: "I support the legalization of the possession and use of amounts of marijuana of not more than 1/4 ounce by adult citizens of the State of New Hampshire."
- Parental notification: "I support parental notification in instances where a minor child receives medical attention or medical procedures."
- Seat belt law: "Adult citizens have the right and responsibility to choose whether to wear a seat belt when driving or riding as a passenger in an automobile."
- Motorcycle helmet law: "Adult citizens have the right and responsibility to choose whether to wear a helmet when driving or riding as a passenger on a motorcycle."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ball served on this committee:
Ball ran for re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 9. Ball advanced past the September 11 primary and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Win Hutchinson Incumbent||43.4%||428|
|Mike Ball Incumbent||31.8%||314|
On November 2, 2010 Ball won election to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 9 general election (2010)|
|Win Hutchinson (R)||2,084|
|Cam DeJong (R)||1,963|
|Mike Ball (R)||1,845|
|Sandra Smith (D)||1,631|
|Robert Thompson (D)||1,660|
|Linda Garrish Thomas (D)||1,660|
In 2010, a year in which Ball was up for re-election, he collected $900 in donations.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Ball + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010