|Former candidate for|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|1995 – 2011|
|Bachelor's||Upper Iowa University (1967)|
|Master's||Henderson State University (1972)|
|Date of birth||August 20, 1942|
|Place of birth||Davenport, Iowa|
Boland is an educator.
Illinois House of Representatives (1995-2011)
Boland previously served on the following committees:
- Elections & Campaign Reform
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Higher Education (Chair)
- State Government Administration
Boland ran for Indiana Treasurer in 2014. He won the Democratic nomination at the party's statewide primary convention on May 31, 2014, and faced Republican Kelly Mitchell and Mike Jasper in the general election. The general election took place November 4, 2014. If elected, he planned to donate his entire salary of $50,000 per year to scholarships and charities in Indiana.
|Indiana Treasurer, 2014|
|Election Results via Indiana Secretary of State.|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Boland ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 36. Boland was defeated by incumbent Mike Jacobs in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Mike Jacobs Incumbent||53.8%||7,693|
On November 4, 2008, Democrat Mike Boland won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 71 receiving 30,951 votes, ahead of Republican Lawrence Bruckner who received 17,503 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 71 (2008)|
|Mike Boland (D)||30,951|
|Lawrence Bruckner (R)||17,503|
On November 7, 2006, Democrat Mike Boland won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 71 receiving 19,063 votes ahead of Republican Steven M. Haring who received 17,132 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 71 (2006)|
|Mike Boland (D)||19,063|
|Steven M. Haring (R)||17,132|
In 2008, Boland collected $142,898 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Friends of Michael J. Madigan||$38,940|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$8,000|
|Illinois Auto Workers||$6,500|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$5,500|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Mike + Boland + Indiana + Treasurer
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Mike BOLAND for ILLINOIS Senate Facebook page
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Mike Boland (D) 71st District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Illinois House Democrats - Mike Boland
- indystar.com, "Former Illinois state representative seeks Democratic treasurer nomination," May 23, 2014
- New York Times, "Election 2014 – Indiana," accessed November 4, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Boland
- Indiana Daily Student, "Candidates for State, House offices rally with Campus Dems," accessed October 30, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Illinois State House News, "Election Profile: 71st House District Ahern vs. Morthland" 19 Oct. 2010
- State Journal Register, "Bernard Schoenburg: Plenty of Democrats eye lieutenant governor post" 20 Aug. 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Ballots Cast-Lieutenant Governor 2 Feb. 2009
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006," November 4, 2006
- Boland Campaign Donors
|Illinois House of Representatives District 71
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |