|Arkansas House of Representatives District 26|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Higher Education Administrator/Instructor|
Burris' professional experience includes working as a higher education administrator and instructor.
- Advanced Communications and Information Technology Committee, Arkansas House
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas House
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Administrative Rules and Regulations (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Game and Fish/State Police
- Subcommittee on Health Services
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Subcommittee on Parks and Tourism
- Subcommittee on State Agencies
Burris did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Burris's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1804 - "TO REQUIRE A WATER SYSTEM OPERATOR TO OBTAIN CERTAIN INFORMATION BEFORE INJECTING A CHEMICAL ADDITIVE FOR THE PREVENTION OF DISEASE INTO A WATER SYSTEM AND TO PROVIDE FOR THE ENFORCEMENT OF CERTAIN DUTIES."
- HB 2014 - "TO REQUIRE DISCLOSURES OF CONTRACTS BETWEEN STATE-SUPPORTED INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND EMPLOYEES HAVING A FINANCIAL INTEREST."
- HB 2033 - "TO CREATE A TASK FORCE ON WATER QUALITY."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Burris was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Burris raised $24,803 for his campaign.
Below are Burris's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Healthcare Assoc||$2,000|
|Merck & Co||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mike + Burris + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House Committees
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Mike Burris
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 4, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 4, 2014
- VoteNaturally.org, "2008 general election results, Arkansas," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "Arkansas House spending, 2008," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Arkansas House District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|