|Montana House of Representatives, District 2|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Montana|
Cuffe earned his B.A. in Journalism from the University of Montana. His professional experience includes working as an owner of Big Sky Publications and in marketing services at Copy Shop Business.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Cuffe served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Long-Range Planning, Chair|
|• Legislative Administration|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cuffe served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Legislative Administration|
|• Natural Resources and Transportation, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cuffe served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources and Transportation|
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Steven Benson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Mike Cuffe was unopposed in the Republican primary. Cuffe defeated Benson in the general election.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 2 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Mike Cuffe Incumbent||76.9%||2,887|
Cuffe won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 2. Cuffe ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated write-in candidate Phillip O. Grassley in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mike Cuffe Incumbent||99.7%||4,183|
|Independent||Phillip Grassley (write-in)||0.3%||12|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 2 General Election (2010)|
|Mike Cuffe (R)||2,767|
|Tim Linehan (D)||1,190|
Comprehensive donor information for Cuffe is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Cuffe raised a total of $16,483 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 8, 2013.
|Mike Cuffe's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 2||$4,900|
|2010||Montana House, District 2||$11,583|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,483|
2012Cuffe won re-election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Cuffe raised a total of $4,900.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Cuffe's campaign in 2012|
|Stillwater County Republican Central Committee||$800|
|Montana Medical Association||$320|
|Staples, Mark C.||$210|
|National Federation of Independent Business||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,900|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Cuffe won election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Cuffe raised a total of $11,583.
|Montana House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Cuffe's campaign in 2010|
|Cuffe, Michael J.||$2,200|
|Flathead County Republican Central Committee||$500|
|Montana Coal Council||$320|
|Montana Contractors Association||$320|
|Total Raised in 2010||$11,583|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
Cuffe is married to his wife, Joan.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Mike + Cuffe + Montana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2010 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed March 8, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "Legislative Primary Canvass - June 08, 2010," accessed March 8, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Cuffe, Mike," accessed September 8, 2013
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
|Montana House of Representatives District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |