|Ohio House of Representatives District 17|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Curtin served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Policy and Legislative Oversight|
|• Economic Development and Regulatory Reform|
Curtin's website highlights the following campaign themes:
JobsOhio Books Must Be Open
- Excerpt: "Every Ohio newspaper that has editorialized on the fight between Gov. John Kasich and State Auditor Dave Yost over whether JobsOhio’s books should be open to public scrutiny has concluded: Yost is correct. The books must be open."
Legislation Long Overdue
- Excerpt: "This long-overdue legislation is to be applauded, both as good policy and as an example of bipartisan cooperation among Democrats and Republicans at the Statehouse. May we continue to see much more such cooperation on matters of vital public interest on Capitol Square."
Legislation Helps Reduce Recidivism
- Excerpt: "Congratulations to state Rep. Tracy Maxwell Heard, D-Columbus, and her fellow Democratic and Republican lawmakers on this much-needed legislation. Over 90 percent of Ohio's prison inmates will be released at some time. This legislation helps provide viable employment options to give them a chance to become productive, tax-paying citizens and to reduce recidivism."
Term Limits Revolving Door
- Excerpt: "Nearly one in five Ohio lawmakers has been appointed rather than elected, a development that is stoking the debate over term limits."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Mike Curtin was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Mike Newbern was unopposed in the Republican primary. Curtin and Newbern will face off in the general election.
Curtin won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 17. Curtin was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and defeated Nicholas A. Szabo (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Nicholas A. Szabo||37.4%||12,825|
Comprehensive donor information for Curtin is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Curtin raised a total of $124,553 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 1, 2013.
|Mike Curtin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 17||$124,553|
|Grand Total Raised||$124,553|
2012Curtin won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Curtin raised a total of $124,553.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Curtin's campaign in 2012|
|Wexner, Leslie H.||$3,000|
|Wholesale Beer & Wine Association of Ohio||$3,000|
|Wexner, Abigail S.||$3,000|
|Tierney, Brian X.||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$124,553|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Curtin + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- mikecurtin.org, "Issues," accessed August 22, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Curtin, Mike," accessed June 1, 2013
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 17
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |