|Virginia House of Delegates, District 74|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
Despite the fact that Dickinson did not appear on the Virginia State Board of Elections candidate list and was not nominated by the 7th Congressional District Democratic Party, Dickinson still claimed to be running in the 2014 election.
Dickinson was born and raised in Henrico County. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University.
On July 9, 2014, he offered a $100,000 reward for a nude photo of Kendall Jones, a student at Texas Tech who has received attention for photos she posted on Facebook of a hunting trip. Dickinson's tweet is just one more in a series of provocative tweets.
Dickinson posted the following tweets about infecting members of the NRA with Ebola:
Elections for the office of Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on June 9, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 9, 2015.
On June 9, 2014, Trammell announced his campaign for Congress on his Facebook page. He wrote, "We kicked off our campaign today after receiving a unanimous nomination from the 7th District Committee. I want to thank all of those who supported my nomination and endorsed me as a candidate. We are excited about the next few months on the campaign trail."
As of Monday, June 9, the media was reporting that there was no Democratic nominee. Many believed that active Twitter-user Mike Dickinson, who had appeared on Fox News and declared that he was the Democratic candidate in the 7th District, was indeed the nominee. The District's Democrats vehemently denied that Dickinson was running as an official Democrat.
Although the road to the nomination seems strange compared to the typical Democratic primary process, in Virginia this process is fairly common. After speaking with Abbi Easter, Chairwoman of the 7th Congressional District Democratic Party, Ballotpedia was told the steps that the party took in nominating Trammell.
- December 2013: Each party in Virginia's 11 congressional districts decides the method by which they want to nominate their candidate. The 7th District Democrats opted for the caucus convention.
|“||The duly constituted authorities of the state political party, as stated in a party's rules and bylaws, shall have the right to determine the method by which a party nomination for a member of the United States Senate or for any statewide office shall be made.||”|
- April 10, 2014: Mike Dickinson appeared on Fox News' "On The Record w/ Greta Van Susteren," announcing that he was an official candidate for the 7th District; however, the filing deadline was at 5PM that day, at which point Dickinson was in the studio at Fox News and never filed to be an official candidate. Despite this, Dickinson continued to use social media as though he was a filed candidate.
- May 2, 2014: This was the date for the 7th District Democratic convention; however, because nobody filed to be considered at the convention, no convention was held. The party bylaws dictate that if this situation arises, the nomination is left up to the individual district party committees.
- June 8, 2014: After officially calling a meeting a week prior, as required by party bylaws, the 7th District Democratic committee met. Dr. Jack Trammell had filled out all the necessary paperwork to file. At the meeting, the party committee unanimously voted to nominate Trammell. The deadline for nomination by convention was June 10, 2014.
- June 9, 2014: Trammell officially filed his paperwork with the Virginia Board of Elections.
|Mike Dickinson (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0.00||$4,547.50||$(3,519.54)||$1,027.96|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Dickinson + Virginia + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Virginia's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Virginia's 7th Congressional District
- Virginia State Legislature
- Virginia House of Delegates
- Virginia House of Delegates Committees
- Virginia state legislative districts
- Virginia Department of Elections, "Virginia General Assembly Candidate Filings," accessed April 23, 2015
- Mike Dickinson for Congress, "Home," accessed March 12, 2014
- Mediaite, "That ‘War on Fox’ Guy Is Not Actually Running for Congress as a Democrat," accessed April 11, 2014
- Dickinson for Congress, "Meet Mike," accessed March 12, 2014
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2015 November Election Calendar," accessed January 2, 2015
- Facebook, "Jack Trammell for Congress," accessed June 10, 2014
- WUSA9, "VOTER'S GUIDE: Va. voters go to polls in 3 US House districts," June 9, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Huffington Post, "Eric Cantor's Unofficial Rival Dukes It Out With Fox News (UPDATE)," June 11, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Dickinson 2014 Summary reports," accessed April 29, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 29, 2014
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |