|Alaska State Senate District D|
|January 28, 2013 - present|
|January 26, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dunleavy served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Vice-chair|
|• Labor & Commerce, Co-chair|
|• Senate World Trade|
|• Senate Taps Throughput, Co-chair|
|• Legislative Budget and Audit|
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alaska State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 19, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. District D incumbent Michael J. "Mike" Dunleavy was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election. Mikse T. Willoya-Marx (D) withdrew before the primary.
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2012
Dunleavy ran in the 2012 election for Alaska State Senate District 4 (D). He defeated incumbent Linda Menard in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Dunleavy won in the general election.
|Alaska State Senate, District 4 (D) Republican Primary, 2012|
|Linda Menard Incumbent||42.6%||2,078|
Comprehensive donor information for Dunleavy is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Dunleavy raised a total of $92,843 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 1, 2013.
|Mike Dunleavy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Alaska State Senate, District D||$92,843|
|Grand Total Raised||$92,843|
2012Dunleavy won election to the Alaska State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Dunleavy raised a total of $92,843.
|Alaska State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Dunleavy's campaign in 2012|
|Dunleavy, Michael J||$10,000|
|Alaska Republican Party||$6,000|
|Mat-Su Republican Womens Club||$1,500|
|Stone, Andrena L||$1,000|
|Covey, Gerald B||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$92,843|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 28th Alaska State Legislature was in session from January 21 to April 20.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Dunleavy + Alaska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska State Senate
- Alaska Senate Committees
- Alaska State Senate District D
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Twitter feed
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Dispatch, "Mike Miller drops primary challenge to Click Bishop in Fairbanks Senate race," June 24, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 20, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Dunleavy, Mike J," accessed August 1, 2013
- StateScape, Session schedules, accessed April 30, 2012
Joe Thomas (D)
|Alaska State Senate District D
| Succeeded by|