|Nebraska State Senate District 19|
|2005 - 2013|
|January 9, 2013|
|Speaker, Nebraska State Legislature|
|Per diem||$109/day for those living 50+ miles from capitol, otherwise $39/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Notre Dame, 1997|
|J.D.||University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 2001|
|Birthday||February 23, 1975|
|Place of birth||Omaha, NE|
Flood has professional experience as both a lawyer and a broadcaster. He was known as a radio personality for Lincoln’s Froggy 98 country station. 
Flood earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1997, and his Juris Doctor from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2001.
Flood has a history of involvement with a number of organizations, including the Lavitsef, Incorporated, Madison Community Club, Madison County Agricultural Society, Madison County Bar Association, Madison County Red Cross, Nebraska Broadcasters Association, Nebraska County Bar Association, Norfolk Community Healthcare Clinic, Norfolk Rotary Club, and the Norfolk Youth Leadership Council.
Flood was highlighted by Time Magazine as one of 40 leaders under the age of 40 considered "rising stars of American politics."
On November 12, 2012, Flood announced his intent to seek the Republican nomination for Governor of Nebraska in 2014 when incumbent Dave Heineman is prevented by term limits from running for re-election. Then on December 6th of the same year, Flood withdrew his bid after his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. In July 2013, Flood announced that, even though his wife was finishing cancer treatment and was considered to be cancer-free, he would not return to the race as a precautionary measure.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 19 (2008)|
In 2008, Flood collected $58,521 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Nebraska Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors||$4,000|
|Nebraska Realtors Association||$2,500|
|Nebraska Bankers Association||$2,352|
|Nebraska Chamber Of Commerce and Industry||$2,102|
|Nebraska Optometric Association||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Flood + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Flood has a wife, Mandi.
- Mike Flood's official Nebraska State legislature website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ Unicameral Update, From stunt man to State Senator, January 26, 2008
- ↑ Time Magazine "40 under 40" October 2010
- ↑ World Herald-Bureau, "Mike Flood launches bid for governor's office in 2014," November 13, 2012
- ↑ Omaha.com, "Mike Flood drops bid for governor; wife ill," December 6, 2012
- ↑ Omaha World Herald, "Mike Flood won't re-enter 2014 Nebraska gubernatorial race," July 9, 2013.
- ↑ Nebraska Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- ↑ 2008 contributions to Mike Flood
|Nebraska State Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|