For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 19|
|2005 - 2013|
|Speaker, Nebraska State Legislature|
|Elections and appointments|
|Bachelor's||University of Notre Dame, 1997|
|J.D.||University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 2001|
|Date of birth||February 23, 1975|
|Place of birth||Omaha, NE|
Flood earned his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame in 1997 and his J.D. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2001. His professional experience includes working as a lawyer and a broadcaster.
In 2010, Flood was highlighted by Time Magazine as one of 40 leaders under the age of 40 considered "rising stars of American politics."
On November 12, 2012, Flood announced his intent to seek the Republican nomination for Governor of Nebraska in 2014 when incumbent Dave Heineman is prevented by term limits from running for re-election. Then on December 6th of the same year, Flood withdrew his bid after his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. In July 2013, Flood announced that, even though his wife was finishing cancer treatment and was considered to be cancer-free, he would not return to the race as a precautionary measure.
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
Flood was ineligible to run because of term-limits.
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2008
|Nebraska State Senate, District 19 (2008)|
In 2008, Flood collected $58,521 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Nebraska Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors||$4,000|
|Nebraska Realtors Association||$2,500|
|Nebraska Bankers Association||$2,352|
|Nebraska Chamber Of Commerce and Industry||$2,102|
|Nebraska Optometric Association||$2,000|
Flood has a wife, Mandi. Flood has a history of involvement with a number of organizations, including the Lavitsef, Incorporated, Madison Community Club, Madison County Agricultural Society, Madison County Bar Association, Madison County Red Cross, Nebraska Broadcasters Association, Nebraska County Bar Association, Norfolk Community Healthcare Clinic, Norfolk Rotary Club and the Norfolk Youth Leadership Council.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Flood + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Mike Flood on Wikipedia
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Mike Flood," accessed November 18, 2014
- Time Magazine, "40 under 40," accessed October 2010
- World Herald-Bureau, "Mike Flood launches bid for governor's office in 2014," November 13, 2012
- Kearney Hub, "Mike Flood drops bid for governor; wife ill," December 6, 2012
- Omaha World Herald, "Mike Flood won't re-enter 2014 Nebraska gubernatorial race," July 9, 2013
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed April 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Mike Flood," accessed November 18, 2014
|Nebraska State Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|