|Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts|
|January 4, 2007 - Present|
|Years in position||7|
|Predecessor||Kate Witek (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Nebraska State Senator|
|2000 - 2007|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York at Brockport (1976)|
|Master's||Michigan State University (1978)|
|Birthday||April 5, 1954|
|Place of birth||Rochester, New York|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political career
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Personal
- 6 Recent news
- 7 Contact information
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Foley is a former member of the Nebraska Unicameral State Legislature. He represented the state senate's 29th District in Lincoln for six years.
Before entering politics, Foley worked as a corporate planning analyst with the Nebraska Public Power District, the director of financial analysis of the National Association of Regulatory Commissioners, and a consultant with Kirschner Associates.
Foley is a native of Rochester, New York. Before assuming public office in 2000, Foley worked as a corporate planning analyst with the Nebraska Public Power District, the director of financial analysis of the National Association of Regulatory Commissioners, and a consultant with Kirschner Associates.
Foley holds a bachelor's degree from the University of New York at Brockport and a Master's of Business Administration from Michigan State University.
- BS, State University of New York at Brockport (1976)
- MBA, Michigan State University (1978)
Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts (2007 - Present)
Foley was first elected to this position in 2006 and re-elected in 2010.
Nebraska State Senator (2000 - 2007)
Foley ran for election to the Governor of Nebraska. Foley lost the Republican nomination in the primary on May 13, 2014. Current Governor Dave Heineman is unable run for re-election due to term limits.
Foley told the Nebraska Radio Network on February 22, 2013 that he was considering bids for four different offices in 2014: governor, U.S. Senate, U.S. House, and a third term in his current post as Nebraska Auditor.
|Governor of Nebraska, Republican Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Nebraska Secretary of State.|
|Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts (2010)|
|Mike Foley (R)||345,436|
|Michele Sallach-Grace (L)||88,433|
Comprehensive donor information for Foley is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Foley raised a total of $112,823 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Mike Foley's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Mike Foley's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$15,780|
|Top 5 contributors||Nebraska Families for Pete Ricketts||$4,542|
|John Joe Ricketts||$2,000|
|Richard Robinson and Carol Kearns||$1,000 each|
|Peter J. Ricketts and Berniece Grewcock||$1,000 each|
|3 other individual donors||$1,000 each|
Foley and his wife, Susan, have six children and belong to St. Peter's Catholic Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Foley + Nebraska + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Nebraska State Treasurer's Office
PO Box 98917
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-8917
Phone: (402) 471-2111
Fax: (402) 471-3301
- Nebraska State Auditor Mike Foley
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2006, 2004, 2000
- Nebraska State Auditor, "Biography," accessed February 2, 2012
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "November 2010 General Election Results," accessed May 18, 2011
- Nebraska Radio Network, State Auditor Mike Foley announces candidacy for governor, September 5, 2013
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Election Night Results," May 13, 2014
- Nebraska Radio Network, "Auditor Foley could run for Governor or Senate or Congress or… (AUDIO)," February 22, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Mike Foley," accessed May 23, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
Kate Witek (R)
|Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts
2007 – present
| Succeeded by|