|Running for Governor of Nebraska|
|Date of primary||May 13, 2014|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts|
|January 4, 2007 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Predecessor||Kate Witek (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Nebraska State Senator|
|2000 - 2007|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York at Brockport (1976)|
|Master's||Michigan State University (1978)|
|Birthday||April 5, 1954|
|Place of birth||Rochester, New York|
Foley is a former member of the Nebraska Unicameral State Legislature. He represented the state senate's 29th district in Lincoln for six years.
Before entering politics, Foley worked as a corporate planning analyst with the Nebraska Public Power District, the director of financial analysis of the National Association of Regulatory Commissioners, and a consultant with Kirschner Associates.
Foley is a native of Rochester, New York. Before assuming public office in 2000, Foley worked as a corporate planning analyst with the Nebraska Public Power District, the director of financial analysis of the National Association of Regulatory Commissioners, and a consultant with Kirschner Associates.
Foley holds a bachelor's degree from the University of New York at Brockport and a Masters of Business Administration from Michigan State University.
- BS, State University of New York at Brockport (1976)
- MBA, Michigan State University (1978)
Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts (2007 - Present)
Foley was first elected to this position in 2006 and re-elected in 2010.
Nebraska State Senator (2000 - 2007)
Foley is running for election to the Governor of Nebraska. Foley is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on May 13, 2014. Current Governor Dave Heineman is unable run for re-election due to term limits.
Foley told the Nebraska Radio Network on February 22, 2013 that he was considering bids for four different offices in 2014: governor, U.S. Senate, U.S. House, and a third term in his current post as Nebraska Auditor.
|Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts (2010)|
|Mike Foley (R)||345,436|
|Michele Sallach-Grace (L)||88,433|
Comprehensive donor information for Foley is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Foley raised a total of $112,823 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Mike Foley's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Mike Foley's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$15,780|
|Top 5 contributors||Nebraska Families for Pete Ricketts||$4,542|
|John Joe Ricketts||$2,000|
|Richard Robinson and Carol Kearns||$1,000 each|
|Peter J. Ricketts and Berniece Grewcock||$1,000 each|
|3 other individual donors||$1,000 each|
Foley and his wife, Susan, have six children and belong to St. Peter's Catholic Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Foley + Nebraska + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New scrutiny for guardians of vulnerable Nebraskans - Omaha World-Herald
- Known feud may impact governor's race - Scottsbluff Star Herald
- Nebraska auditor accuses state HHS of fiduciary bungling - FierceHealthFinance
- Auditor says DHHS must be rebuilt, denies political motivation (AUDIO) - Nebraska Radio Network
- Audit puts Nebraska woman in jail, alleges she 'plundered' wards' accounts - Watchdog.org
- Neb. senator calls on Heineman to give up health insurance - Sioux City Journal
- Auditor blasts HHS program; alleges criminal activity - Lincoln Journal Star
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers - Macon Telegraph (blog)
- Dubas withdraws from 2014 Nebraska governor's race; cites toll on family - Omaha World-Herald
- Outspoken Papio NRD member alleges secret budget meetings - Omaha World-Herald
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Nebraska State Treasurer's Office
PO Box 98917
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-8917
Phone: (402) 471-2111
Fax: (402) 471-3301
- Nebraska State Auditor Mike Foley
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2006, 2004, 2000
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Nebraska State Auditor, "Biography," accessed February 2, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Nebraska Secretary of State, "November 2010 General Election Results," retrieved May 18, 2011
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Nebraska Radio Network, State Auditor Mike Foley announces candidacy for governor, September 5, 2013
- ↑ Nebraska Radio Network, "Auditor Foley could run for Governor or Senate or Congress or… (AUDIO)," February 22, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Mike Foley," accessed May 23, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
Kate Witek (R)
|Nebraska Auditor of Public Accounts
2007 – present
| Succeeded by|