|Texas State House, District 19|
|2003 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Hamilton attended Lamar University and works as Owner of Tuffy's Eatery.
He is a member and past President of the Texas Restaurant Association.
Hamilton was first elected to represent HD-19 in 2003 and is a current member of the Land and Resource Management and Licensing and Administrative Procedures committees.
He previously served as vice chairman of the Natural Resources Committee and is a former member of the Calendars Committee.
Mike Hamilton served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
- HB 2237 - Relating to possession by certain alcoholic beverage permit holders of certain alcoholic beverages for cooking purposes.
- HB 2239 - Relating to transferring the Office of Rural Community Affairs to the Department of Agriculture and abolishing the board of the office.
- HB 3436 - Relating to the licensing and regulation of plumbers.
- HB 3849 - Relating to the licensing and regulation of limited solar electric installers and limited solar electric contractors.
|Texas House of Representatives District 19 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mike Hamilton Incumbent||45.5%||8,503|
Hamilton won re-election unopposed to the 19th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the March 2nd primary, and he had no opponent in the general election, which took place on November 2, 2010.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 18 |
2010 General election results
|Mike Hamilton (R)||28,261||100%|
On November 4, 2008, Hamilton won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 19th District, defeating Larry Hunter (D) and Richard Ramsey (L). Hamilton received 32,545 votes in the election while Hunter received 17,306 votes, and Ramsey received 1,064 votes. Hamilton raised $422,945 for his campaign; Hunter raised $162,138.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 19|
|Mike Hamilton (R)||32,545||63.92%|
|Larry Hunter (D)||17,306||33.98%|
|Richard Ramsey (L)||1,064||2.08%|
In 2010, Hamilton received $149,354 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Hamilton's campaign in 2010|
|Texas Association Of Realtors||$10,029|
|Tran, Minh Tam||$5,000|
|Sabine Pilot Service||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$149,354|
Below are Hamilton's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Texas Assoc of Realtors||$35,930|
|Bob J Perry||$35,000|
|Stars Over Texas PAC||$25,000|
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$21,722|
|Texas Restaurant Assoc||$11,880|
Below are Hamilton's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Stars Over Texas||$25,000|
|Perry, Bob J.||$25,000|
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$15,000|
|BG Distribution Partners||$6,000|
|Licensed Beverage Distributors||$6,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mike + Hamilton + Texas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Team Elusive Bermuda J/105 Invitational Champions - J/Sailing News (blog)
- Entertainment Calendar - Longview Daily News
- North Shore Entertainment Calendar - The Salem News
- The 10 Most Influential Surfers of All Time - Huffington Post
- At 11th hour, Congress debates plastic gun ban - WXIX
- Places to go; Things to do - Santa Ynez Valley News
- A mother's mission: Stephen Frears reunites with Judi Dench for heartfelt tale ... - Film Journal
- The Rise and Fall of Pros As Online Poker Marketing Tools - OnlinePokerReport.com
- Preservation awards to honor local projects - San Antonio Express
- UConn rallies to defeat Owls - Philly.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Mike Hamilton received a grade of C+ on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
Hamilton is a self-employed caterer and attended Lamar University in Beaumont.
- Mike Hamilton campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Hamilton
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Texas State Directory profile
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 19 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Mike Hamilton on Facebook
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hamilton
- ↑ Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Hamilton
- ↑ Texas GOP list of candidates for 2012 Elections
- ↑ Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- ↑ Official Texas Election Results
- ↑ Texas House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 19 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 19
| Succeeded by|
James White (R)
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |