Mike Hill (Alabama)
|Alabama House of Representatives District 41|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||29|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Date of birth||March 3, 1949|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, AL|
|Profession||Title Insurance Agent|
Hill currently works as a title insurance agent with Cahaba Title, Inc. He has previously worked for the First National Bank of Columbiana and served in the United States Army.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Hill served on the following committees:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Financial Services|
|• Insurance, Chair|
|• Internal Affairs|
|• Shelby County Legislation|
Hill served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Insurance, Chair|
|• Shelby County Legislation|
|• State Government|
Hill did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Mike Hill was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Hill won re-election to the 41st District seat in 2010. He defeated Stephen R. Bryant in the primary election, receiving 6,403 votes to Bryant's 2,029. He faced no opposition in the November 2 general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 41 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Mike Hill (R)||6,403|
|Stephen R. Bryant (R)||2,029|
Hill raised $110,940 for his campaign.
In 2010, Hill raised $144,218 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$7,500|
|Community Bankers Association Of Alabama||$5,000|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$5,000|
|Home Builders Association Of Alabama||$5,000|
In 2006, Hill collected $110,940 in donations.
Below are Hill's top five campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Credit Union League||$5,000|
Hill and his wife Carol have two children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of April 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mike + Hill + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Mike Hill
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hill Issue Positions
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama2010.com, "Alabama GOP primary results," accessed May 5, 2014 (dead link)
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed December 31, 2014
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Alabama Endorsements," March 12, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hill
|Alabama House District 41
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|