Mike Hill (Alabama)
|Alabama House of Representatives District 41|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||28|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Birthday||March 3, 1949|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, AL|
|Profession||Title Insurance Agent|
Hill currently works as a title insurance agent with Cahaba Title, Inc. He has previously worked for the First National Bank of Columbiana and served in the United States Army.
Hill served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Insurance Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Shelby County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- State Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
Hill did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Mike Hill is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Hill won re-election to the 41st District Seat in 2010. He defeated Stephen R. Bryant in the primary election, receiving 6,403 votes to Bryant's 2,029. He faced no opposition in the November 2 general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 41 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Mike Hill (R)||6,403|
|Stephen R. Bryant (R)||2,029|
Hill raised $110,940 for his campaign.
In 2010, Hill raised $144,218 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$7,500|
|Community Bankers Association Of Alabama||$5,000|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$5,000|
|Home Builders Association Of Alabama||$5,000|
In 2006, Hill collected $110,940 in donations.
Below are Hill's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Credit Union League||$5,000|
Hill and his wife Carol have two children.
Hill sits on the State Board of Directors of Alabama Easter Seals, Board of Directors of the Birmingham Occupational Rehabilitation Center and is deacon of the First Baptist Church of Columbiana.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mike + Hill + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Mike Hill
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hill Issue Positions
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama GOP primary results
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Alabama Endorsements," March 12, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hill
|Alabama House District 41
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|