|Alabama House of Representatives, District 31|
|January 30, 2014 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Troy State University|
Holmes earned his B.S. from Troy State University in Physical Sciences. Holmes' professional experience includes working in the agribusiness industry, and as a salesman, timber farmer, business owner and CEO.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Mike Holmes is unopposed in the Republican primary.
2014 special election
Holmes won election in the special election for Alabama House of Representatives District 31. The seat was vacant following Charles Barrett Mask's (R) resignation to work as the new chief executive officer of the Alabama Association of Realtors. Holmes faced Jimmy Collier, Michael Griggs and Frank Bertarelli in the December 3, 2013 Republican primary. Since no candidate gained more than fifty percent of the votes, the top two vote-getters - Holmes and Collier - met in a runoff on February 4, which Holmes won. As no Democrat filed to run, Holmes was declared the winner.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Holmes + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Facebook.com, "About Mike Holmes for State House - District 31," accessed February 9, 2014
- Mike Holmes for State House 31, "Common Sense Conservative Leadership," accessed February 9, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- therepublic.com, "Special election timeline announced for vacant Ala. House District 31 seat," October 1, 2013
- seattlepi.com, "4 running as Republicans for Alabama House seat," October 11, 2013
- al.com, "Mike Holmes, Jimmy Collier qualify for Republican runoff in Alabama House District 31," December 3, 2013
- al.com, "Citing inclement weather forecast, governor delays special election set for Mobile House seat," January 27, 2014
- al.com, "Mike Holmes defeats Jimmy Collier in special election in Alabama House District 31," February 4, 2014
Charles Barrett Mask (R)
|Alabama House District 31
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|