|Idaho State Senate District 2|
|Idaho State Senate District 3|
|2004 – 2010|
|Birthday||January 13, 1949|
Jorgenson graduated with his bachelor's degree in Business and Economics from Eastern Oregon University in 1971.
Jorgenson is the Owner and President of CDA Consulting since 2000 and was formerly the President of two financial consulting firms from 1987 to 2000. Jorgenson began his professional career as a Branch Manager for SnapOn Tools from 1972 to 1986.
Before Jorgenson was a Senator, he was a City Council member for the City of Hayden Lake from 2001 to 2004 and served as the President of the Council in 2003. Also, Jorgenson was a lead fundraiser for the Butch Otter for Congress campaign and currently serves as the 3rd Senate district chairman for the Idaho Republican Party.
Jorgenson was a member of these committees:
Jorgenson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
- Excerpt: "As Senator, Mike Jorgenson will support policies to expand business development throughout our region. Mike is not only committed to bringing new jobs to the region but also doing whatever to takes to help home-grown businesses expand and thrive."
- Keep Taxes Low
- Excerpt: "As Senator, Mike will keep the state government accountable, keep spending in check and work to reduce the tax burden across the boards for everyone."
- Strong Family Values
- Excerpt: "Mike Jorgenson is a devoted father and grandfather and he believes a stable family is the backbone of a strong society."
- Quality Education
- Excerpt: "Mike understands the importance of quality education. As senator, Mike Jorgenson will support efforts to reform education to keep up with advancements in technology."
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
|Idaho State Senate District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
On May 25, 2010, Jorgenson lost in a Republican primary to Steve Vick by a margin of 3,132-2,132. Jorgenson was seeking his fourth term. Vick is running unopposed in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho State Senate, District 3 (2008)|
|Mike Jorgenson (R)||17,007|
In 2008, Jorgenson collected $41,278 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Coeur D Alene Tribe||$2,000|
|Professional Fire Fighters of Idaho||$1,250|
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$1,250|
Jorgenson represented Idaho Senate District 3. District 3 includes the northern half of Kootenai County.
Mike is married to Cynthia Jorgenson. The couple has two children and live in Hayden Lake, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Jorgenson + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mike Jorgenson's personal website
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Facebook page
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- Campaign website, Issues
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," Accessed March 14, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 4 July 2012
- Primary Election Results Idaho secretary of state
- Tea party helps oust incumbents
- Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- Jorgenson Campaign Donors
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|