|Utah House of Representatives District 27|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Brigham Young University|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kennedy served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Political Subdivisions|
Kennedy's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Taxes and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Utah's balanced budget law ensures that state government lives within its means. However, that doesn't stop government from increasing "the pie" by raising taxes, I will stand strongly in opposition to tax increases. We cannot tax ourselves out of this tight budget. Lowering taxes benefits everyone."
- Excerpt: "Government should not be in the health care business. The free market approach is preferable to leaving decisions to bureaucrats. More freedom to choose and to innovate will keep our health care the best in the world. As a physician, I will use my experience and training to push back against Obamacare. The states should be allowed to develop their own market-based answers to our health care challenges. "
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "I support our constitutional right to bear arms."
- Excerpt: "A vibrant economy depends on a well-educated work force. In order for our state to remain competitive, we must focus on continual improvement in education. In Utah, we have some of the best parents and teachers in the country. I will support them by providing the best tools available to help educate our children."
- Proper Role of Government
- Excerpt: "Our compound constitutional republic derives its power from the people. Our founders granted defined responsibilities to the federal government, and left all remaining powers with the people or the state."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. William McGree was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Mike Kennedy was unopposed in the Republican convention. McGree and Kennedy will face off in the general election.
Kennedy won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 27. Kennedy advanced past the Republican convention, defeated Sarah Nitta in the June 26 Republican primary, and defeated Scott Morgan (C) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Utah House of Representatives District 27 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Kennedy is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kennedy raised a total of $49,099 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 15, 2013.
|Mike Kennedy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 27||$49,099|
|Grand Total Raised||$49,099|
2012Kennedy won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kennedy raised a total of $49,099.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Kennedy's campaign in 2012|
|Kennedy, Michael & Katrina||$25,862|
|Utah Medical Association||$2,691|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$49,099|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Mike Kennedy received an index rating of 55%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Kennedy + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 27
- Utah State Legislature
- Rep. Kennedy's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Kennedy House Calls, "Campaign website, Issues," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Elections Results Utah - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 27, 2012
- Utah.Gov, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 24, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Kennedy, Mike," accessed June 15, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
John Dougall (R)
|Utah House of Representatives District 27
| Succeeded by|