|Colorado Executive Director of Natural Resources|
|May 2010 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Governor Bill Ritter|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado at Boulder|
|Master's||University of Colorado at Denver|
|J.D.||University of Denver|
Before becoming executive director, King was Assistant Director for Lands, Minerals and Energy Policy from 2000 to 2006 and Deputy Director of Natural Resources from 2006 to 2010. He previously worked in various capacities in the Policy and Regulation Section of the Colorado Division of Wildlife and was also an assistant state attorney general from 1993 to 1999. King holds a B.A. in Journalism from the University of Colorado at Boulder, a J.D. from the University of Denver and an M.P.A. from the University of Colorado at Denver.
- B.A. in Journalism - University of Colorado at Boulder
- J.D. - University of Denver
- M.P.A. University of Colorado at Denver
Executive Director of Natural Resources (2010-present)
King was first appointed to the position in May 2010 and re-appointed by incoming Governor John Hickenlooper in January 2011. As the executive director serves at the pleasure of the governor, King is not subject to periodic reappointment, except when a new governor takes office.
King and his wife, Amy, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + King + Colorado + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sage grouse debate on forefront of Colorado issues - Steamboat Pilot & Today
- State-By-State Look At Wintry Blast Hitting Us - Monroe Evening News
- Let's single out the top power brokers - Colorado Springs Business Journal
- Fracking Foes Fight One Battle at a Time in Colorado - National Journal
- On Colorado's Front Range, Fracking Questions Loom Large - National Journal
- State Regulator Is at the Center of the Fracking Boom - National Journal
- Keegan: The fine art of taxation - Denver Post
- Voters have right to decide state, local taxes - Denver Post
- LIBRARY NEWS: Our Gratitude - Pagosa Daily Post
- Becker's Hospital Review Names 300 Hospital and Health System Leaders to ... - Newsday
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|Colorado Executive Director of Natural Resources
| Succeeded by|