|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University|
|Profession||Project Manager - Information Technology|
Kolls earned his B.S. in Accounting from Southern Illinois University. He worked as a computer programmer until 1999. He has since worked as a project manager in information technology. In 2003, Kolls earned his PMP Certification.
Kolls' campaign website listed the following issues:
- Out Of Control Spending
- Excerpt: "August through October 2013 offered many a scandal du jour. Yet, the most revolting scandal received no discussion or in-depth analysis – the out-of-control federal spending and the resultant massive accumulated federal debt. It consumes nearly 25% of our national wealth and inhibits our commerce."
- Excerpt: "First, as part of an incremental approach, let’s consider removing all restrictions for the sale of health care insurance. It is perceived that a consumer cannot purchase health insurance across state lines. Removing restrictions to purchase insurance within a state would increase competition, a known force in reducing prices."
- Iran - Sanctions?
- Excerpt: "No. Sanctions, embargoes, and blockades are acts of war. We are not at war with Iran; there has been no such declaration by congress … nor should there be."
- Excerpt: "The current situation concerning immigration has been birthed by decades of federal inaction and recent state action. In general terms, it is now running as it should. Yet, some minimal changes may provide an uncomplicated, final resolution."
- Minimum Wage
- Excerpt: "Proponents of increasing the minimum wage claim that full-time workers cannot earn a living. Therefore, the minimum wage must be increased. An example - to cover higher wage costs, business owners must raise prices on their goods. The worker receiving the higher minimum wage is still unable to purchase as he desires because other goods have also been increased in price due to the general increased minimum wage - the greater the increase, the greater the effect. Even, in the short term the problem is exacerbated."
Kolls ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 24th District. Kolls won the Libertarian Party nomination at the state convention in April 2014. He was defeated by incumbent Kenny Marchant (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Texas District 24 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kenny Marchant Incumbent||65%||93,712|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Kolls + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 24th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 24th Congressional District
- Texas Tribune, "U.S. House elections brackets," accessed January 7, 2014
- Campaign website, "About Mike," accessed January 27, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 27, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Federal Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |