|U.S. House, Washington, District 2|
Lapointe is a member of Occupy Everett. He previously worked in a non-profit and is a former labor union organizer.
According to his website, Lapointe's campaign platform included the following issues:
- End wars and bring the troops home
- Overhaul regulations on small businesses
|U.S. House, Washington District 2, Blanket Primary, 2014|
|Rick Larsen Incumbent||56.5%||44,718|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Lapointe ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 2nd District. He ran as a member of the 99% Party and faced incumbent Rick Larsen (D), Dan Matthews (R), John C. W. Shoop (R), Eli Olson (R) and Glen Johnson (I) in the August 7 primary. The top two vote-getters were on the general election ballot. He was defeated in the August 7, 2012, primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Lapointe + Washington + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Washington's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Washington's 2nd Congressional District
- Washington.gov, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 19, 2014
- Associated Press, "Washington - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- The (Everett) Weekly Herald, "Two surprise candidates for Congress," May 15, 2012
- Mike Lapointe campaign website, "The Issues," accessed August 3, 2012 (dead link)
- Washington Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings," accessed May 18, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," accessed May 17, 2012
- Associated Press, "Primary Results"