|Vermont House of Representatives, Franklin 3-1|
|January 9, 2013 - 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Missisquoi Valley High School, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Saint Michael's College, 2005|
|Date of birth||May 26, 1984|
|Place of birth||Lewes, Delaware|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McCarthy served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Franklin-3-1 has two state representatives. Incumbents Kathleen Keenan and Mike McCarthy were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Claude Bouchard and Corey Parent were unopposed in the Republican primary. Keenan and Parent defeated Bouchard and McCarthy in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Franklin-3-1 District, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Kathleen C. Keenan Incumbent||24.6%||981|
|Democratic||Mike McCarthy Incumbent||23.1%||923|
McCarthy won election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Franklin 3-1. McCarthy was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2010
McCarthy ran for the Franklin District in 2010. He ran against Sara Branon Kittell in the primary. He was defeated by Randolph Brock (R), and Sara Branon Kittell (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
Comprehensive donor information for McCarthy is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McCarthy raised a total of $5,844 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Mike McCarthy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Franklin-3-1||$5,844|
|Grand Total Raised||$5,844|
2012McCarthy won election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, McCarthy raised a total of $5,844.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike McCarthy's campaign in 2012|
|Democracy For America||$500|
|New England Standard||$500|
|Friends Of Caroline Bright||$463|
|Vermont Democratic House Campaign||$303|
|Patient Choices Of Vermont||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$5,844|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
McCarthy and his wife, Stephanie, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + McCarthy + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont House of Representatives
- Vermont House Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Profile from Open States
- Twitter feed
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Vermont State House Directory
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "McCarthy, Mike," accessed September 23, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Michael McCarthy's Biography," accessed October 31, 2014