|Utah House of Representatives District 66|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McKell served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment|
|• Public Utilities and Technology|
McKell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will advocate for principals of limited government and fiscal responsibility and urge changes in tax policy that will encourage savings, investment and home ownership. "
Commitment To Utah Children
- Excerpt: "I will advocate for the continued success of our Utah children in the classroom and the partnership with industry."
Competitive Business Climate
- Excerpt: "I will advocate for the continuation of Utah’s strong free enterprise system without governmental interference."
- Excerpt: "I will advocate reducing dependency on federal funds and fight for increased state sovereignty."
Responsible Resource And Energy Development
- Excerpt: "I will advocate development of Utah’s energy resources in an environmentally conscious manner."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Andrew Apsley will face Zachary Lewis in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Mike McKell will face Scott Woolston in the Republican convention.
McKell won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 66. He defeated Carolina Herrin, Robert Milton, and Kyle Roberts in the Republican convention and defeated Brian Hauglid (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 66, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for McKell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McKell raised a total of $25,874 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 18, 2013.
|Mike McKell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 66||$25,874|
|Grand Total Raised||$25,874|
2012McKell won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, McKell raised a total of $25,874.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike McKell's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Utah Trial Lawyers||$1,500|
|Gordon Law Firm Inc||$1,500|
|Michael K McKell PC||$1,500|
|Utah County Republican Party||$1,380|
|Total Raised in 2012||$25,874|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Mike McKell received an index rating of 45%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + McKell + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 66
- Rep. McKell's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- mikemckell, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "McKell, Mike," accessed June 18, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
Michael Morley (D)
|Utah House of Representatives District 66
| Succeeded by|