|Utah House of Representatives District 66|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McKell served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment|
|• Public Utilities and Technology|
McKell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will advocate for principals of limited government and fiscal responsibility and urge changes in tax policy that will encourage savings, investment and home ownership. "
Commitment To Utah Children
- Excerpt: "I will advocate for the continued success of our Utah children in the classroom and the partnership with industry."
Competitive Business Climate
- Excerpt: "I will advocate for the continuation of Utah’s strong free enterprise system without governmental interference."
- Excerpt: "I will advocate reducing dependency on federal funds and fight for increased state sovereignty."
Responsible Resource And Energy Development
- Excerpt: "I will advocate development of Utah’s energy resources in an environmentally conscious manner."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Andrew Apsley was defeated by Zachary Lewis in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Mike McKell defeated Scott Woolston in the Republican convention. Lewis and McKell will face off in the general election.
McKell won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 66. He defeated Carolina Herrin, Robert Milton, and Kyle Roberts in the Republican convention and defeated Brian Hauglid (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 66, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for McKell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McKell raised a total of $25,874 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 18, 2013.
|Mike McKell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 66||$25,874|
|Grand Total Raised||$25,874|
2012McKell won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, McKell raised a total of $25,874.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike McKell's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Utah Trial Lawyers||$1,500|
|Gordon Law Firm Inc||$1,500|
|Michael K McKell PC||$1,500|
|Utah County Republican Party||$1,380|
|Total Raised in 2012||$25,874|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Planned Parenthood Action Council: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on legislation related to women’s health, access to reproductive health care and education.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills picked by Sutherland that promote conservative policy.
- Parents for Choice in Education: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on the issue of education.
- Utah Sierra Club: 2013/2014 Legislative Scorecards
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to environmental and conservation issues.
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on taxpayer related bills.
- Utahns Against Common Core: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills relating to Common Core reforms.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes in relation to the organization's "mission to defend individual liberty, private property and free enterprise."
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Mike McKell received an index rating of 45%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + McKell + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 66
- Rep. McKell's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- mikemckell, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "McKell, Mike," accessed June 18, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
Michael Morley (D)
|Utah House of Representatives District 66
| Succeeded by|