|Alabama House of Representatives District 17|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Athens State University|
|Birthday||December 5, 1950|
|Place of birth||Sulligent, AL|
Millican switched parties from Democrat to Republican following the November 2, 2010 election, giving Republicans a supermajority in the Alabama House.
Millican is currently the director of Business and Industry at Bevill State Community College, and previously served as an instructor at Northwest Community College (now Bevill State Community College).
He is a member of the Adult Education Advisory Council, First Baptist Church of Hamilton, Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, Hamilton Kiwanis Club, Marion County Cattleman's Association, Marion County Extension Service, Marion County Red Cross and the Masonic Lodge.
Millican served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs, Chair
Millican did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Millican won re-election to the 17th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Millican raised $190,866 for his campaign, while Dixon raised $10,786.
|Alabama State House, District 17 (2006)|
|Mike Millican (D)||8,168|
|Billy Dixon (R)||4,584|
In 2010, Millican raised $70,650 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$7,500|
|Alabama Nursing Home Association||$5,000|
|Public Golf PAC||$4,500|
In 2006, Millican collected $190,866 in donations.
Below are Millican's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$11,500|
|Smith Properties LLC||$10,000|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of Alabama||$10,000|
Millican and his wife, Debbie, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Millican + Alabama + House"
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Alabama Legislature - Mike Millican
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- ↑ 4 Alabama lawmakers jump from Democratic Party to GOP in post-election switch
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Millican
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Millican Issue Positions
- ↑ Statewide general election results
- ↑ 2006 election results, Alabama
- ↑ Alabama House spending, 2006
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Alabama Endorsements," March 12, 2012
|Alabama House District 17
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|