|Oregon House of Representatives, District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Western Oregon University, Marquette University|
Nearman currently serves as the Polk County Republican Central Committee Chair.
Nearman earned a bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Western Oregon University and a bachelor’s in Liberal Arts from Marquette University. His professional experience includes working in the fields of software engineering and technical support.
Nearman's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Strong, Focused, Conservative Leadership
- Excerpt: "Mike Nearman believes voters deserve to be represented by someone focused on creating jobs, limiting taxes and ensuring we have a strong education system for our children—all while not sacrificing conservative principles."
A Man of His Word
- Excerpt: "Mike won’t sacrifice his principles when the political winds shift. As your representative, he will unite his core values with basic common sense as he carefully reviews and votes on legislation."
Advocate for Common Sense Government Reforms
- Excerpt: "Mike believes taxpayer funded programs should be regularly analyzed for their cost-effectiveness and whether they would be better run by the private sector. Government projects that run over budget should be audited and administrators should be held accountable."
Fighting for Life & Traditional Marriage
- Excerpt: "Mike has always been strongly pro-life and pro-traditional marriage."
Strong Supporter of Gun Rights and Enforcing Our Laws
- Excerpt: "Mike believes that legal immigration is part of what has made this country great. That’s why he believes in protecting our borders and enforcing immigration laws already on the books. He’s also a tireless advocate for preserving our Second Amendment rights."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Wanda Davis was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mike Nearman defeated incumbent Jim Thompson in the Republican primary. Mark Karnowski is running as a Libertarian candidate, while Alex Polikoff is running as a Pacific Green Party candidate. Davis, Nearman, Karnowski and Polikoff will face off in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 23 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Jim Thompson Incumbent||37%||2,501|
Nearman is married to Debora.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Nearman + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 23
- Official campaign website
- Mike Nearman on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list