|Former candidate for|
|Texas State Senate, District 25|
Novak was a Precinct 4 Member of the Bexar County Commissioners Court from 1995 to 1998.
Novak's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I am 100% pro-life and 100% pro traditional family."
- Excerpt: "I will work to strengthen Texas business-friendly climate with less government regulation and building up Texas most valuable natural resource – our human capital! How we lead ontransportation, water and education will impact our future economy. I will provide the leadership to fix our problems and make Texas stronger!"
- Excerpt: "We need real transportation leadership and solutions, now. Just like the legislature did with water in the last session, we are going to need an “all hands on deck” approach to solve this problem. We need to wipe the slate clean, put all options on the table and create real, fiscally responsible, long-term funding solutions without tolling existing roads."
- Excerpt: "I’m a small government, pro-life conservative who stands firm on states’ rights. You can count on me to fight to keep Obamacare out of Texas and protect our borders. It’s time to hold the federal government accountable and quit messing with Texas."
- Excerpt: "I enjoy the occasional deer or dove hunt, and I stand with my fellow responsible gun owners as an advocate for our 2nd Amendment rights. As a candidate for public office, I'm proud to be "A" rated by the National Rifle Association and Texas State Rifle Association."
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Donna Campbell defeated Elisa Chan and Mike Novak in the Republican primary. Daniel Boone was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Boone, Campbell and Brandin Lea (L) will face off in the general election.
Novak has a wife, Karen.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Novak + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas State Senate
- Texas State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Mike Novak on Facebook
- Mike Novak on Twitter
- Mike Novak on Instagram
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 26, 2014
- novakforsenate.com, "Meet Mike," accessed February 20, 2014
- novakforsenate.com, "Issues," accessed February 20, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Senate Candidates List," accessed July 26, 2014