Oregon State House District 20
|Profession||Firefighter, Natural Resource Specialist|
Powers' campaign website lists three main issues:
- Create Jobs: "I’ll work to free up credit for Oregon Businesses. One way to do this is to start investing some of the Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) funds in Oregon. Specifically I’d like to set up a fund that makes loans to small businesses. This approach would use existing resources and increase capital available to create new jobs."
- Balance the Budget: "The state spends over 90% of its budget on education, human services (including health care) and public safety. These areas are where we must find our savings. The cuts and changes we must make will be difficult, but they also provide an opportunity to improve the way we do business. "
- Restore Oregon Education: "Education is the foundation of our children’s future and important to improving Oregon’s business climate. We should increase support for our public schools, kindergarten through college."
953 Garlock Street South
Salem, OR 97302
- Official campaign website
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile (dead link)
- Imagine Election Profile