Mike Sparks (Tennessee)
|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 49|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Commissioner, Rutherford County|
|Birthday||January 11, 1967|
Sparks attended Middle Tennessee State University, Volunteer State Community College, the Nashville School of Real Estate, and the Dale Carnegie Institute. He has worked as a realtor, business owner, and business consultant. He was formerly a Rutherford County Commissioner and a member of the City of Smyrna's Municipal Planning Committee.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sparks served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sparks served on these committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health & Human Resources|
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Mike Williams was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Mike Sparks defeated Robert Stevens in the Republican primary. Williams and Sparks will face off in the general election.
Sparks won re-election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 49. Sparks was unopposed in the August 2 Republican primary election and defeated Mike Williams (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 49, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mike Sparks Incumbent||58.9%||12,532|
Comprehensive donor information for Sparks is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Sparks raised a total of $146,628 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 1, 2013.
|Mike Sparks's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 49||$46,930|
|2010||Tennessee State House, District 49||$99,698|
|Grand Total Raised||$146,628|
2012Sparks won re-election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Sparks raised a total of $46,930.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Sparks (Tennessee)'s campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Dental Association||$1,800|
|Burgess III, Ernest G||$1,500|
|Harwell, Beth Halteman||$1,400|
|Friends Of Tennessee Hospital Association||$1,300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$46,930|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Sparks won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Sparks raised a total of $99,698.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Sparks (Tennessee)'s campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$30,544|
|National Healthcare Corp||$5,000|
|Leaders Of Tennessee||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$99,698|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Sparks and his wife, Felicia, have two children. They currently reside in Smyrna, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Sparks + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Mike Sparks on the Tennessee State House website
- Profile from Open States
- Mike Sparks on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Mike Sparks' biography on the University of Tennessee's government relations website
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Unofficial Election Results," accessed August 8, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Tennessee General election results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Sparks, Mike," accessed July 1, 2013
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 49
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |