|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 11A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sundin served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection Finance and Policy|
|• Labor, Workplace and Regulated Industries, Vice-chair|
|• Transportation Finance|
|• Transportation Policy|
Sundin's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
The Road Less Traveled (for good reason).
- Excerpt: "The Highway 73 rebuild is the number one highway project needed in House District 11A. Everyday that road is left in poor shape, a minor tragedy occurs in Western Carlton County. That tragedy is the loss of productive time and economic opportunity for residents in that area. Hopefully, a life-ending disaster will never unfold along Highway 73. Nothing should be more important than the economic health and physical safety of our residents! We need invest in poor rural areas too, we need to do better now, for all of 11A , and for all of Minnesota."
Proposed Voter ID Constitutional Amendment and Why it’s a Bad Idea for Minnesota.
- Excerpt: "We have an imaginary problem, and a proposed solution that doesn’t even address the imaginary problem. That “solution” will cost the Taxpayers millions of dollars that we don’t have, and the only thing we know for sure is that it will be a burden to well more than 300,000 Minnesota voters. Do you think all of those people will go through all this added trouble to vote?"
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Mike Sundin was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Tim Hafvenstein was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Sundin won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 11A. He defeated Bruce Ahlgren in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Jim Putnam (R) and Cory Pylkka (Independence) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 11A, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 11A Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Sundin is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Sundin raised a total of $26,706 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 1, 2013.
|Mike Sundin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 11A||$26,706|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,706|
2012Sundin won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Sundin raised a total of $26,706.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Sundin's campaign in 2012|
|11th Senate District Dfl New||$575|
|Carpenters Local 361 Pol Fund||$500|
|Carlton County Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$500|
|Painters Local 61 Political Action||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,706|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Sundin + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Mikesundin.com, "Issues." Retrieved July 4, 2013
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Sundin, Mike." Retrieved July 1, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Torrey Westrom (R)
|Minnesota State House District 11A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |