Mike Turner (Oklahoma)
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 82|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||12 years total in legislature|
|Bachelor's||Southern Methodist University|
|Master's||Southern Methodist University|
Turner earned his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Southern Methodist University and his master's degree in electrical engineering from Southern Methodist University. His professional experience includes working as an engineering consultant and as the co-owner of a restaurant and medical/exercise equipment manufacturer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Turner served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Financial Services|
|• Government Modernization, Vice-chair|
Turner ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Oklahoma's 5th District. Former state Senator Steve Russell, and Commissioner of the Oklahoma Corporation Commission Patrice Douglas defeated Harvey Sparks, Turner, state Sen. Clark Jolley and Shane Jett in the Republican primary on June 24, 2014.
|U.S. House, Oklahoma District 5 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
Turner ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma House District 82. Turner defeated incumbent Guy Liebmann in the June 26 Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election that took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 82 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Guy Liebmann Incumbent||44.2%||1,043|
Comprehensive donor information for Mike Turner is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Mike Turner raised a total of $122,808 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Mike Turner's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 82||$122,808|
|Grand Total Raised||$122,808|
2012Mike Turner won election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Mike Turner raised a total of $122,808.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Turner (Oklahoma)'s campaign in 2012|
|Turner, Michael J||$79,768|
|Turner, Jack E||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$122,808|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 54th Oklahoma State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to May 24. In 2014, the Oklahoma State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to May 23.
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2013 Reid Report
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2014 Reid Report
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with business, industry, job creation and economic growth issues deemed important by the private sector.
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2013 Environmental Report Card
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2014 Environmental Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the environment.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the growth and development of the Oklahoma City region.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Turner + Oklahoma + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- United States House of Representatives
- Oklahoma's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Oklahoma's 5th Congressional District
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Mike Turner on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Ok.gov, "Candidates for Federal, State and Legislative Offices,” accessed June 13, 2014
- Associated Press, "Oklahoma - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Mike Turner," accessed June 4, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- FollowtheMoney.org, "Turner, Mike," accessed July 24, 2013
Guy Liebmann (R)
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 82
| Succeeded by|
Kevin Calvey (R)
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |