|Texas House of Representatives, District 50|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 28, 2014|
VanDeWalle's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Reject State Income Tax
- Excerpt:"As your state representative, Dr. VanDeWalle will never establish a state income tax."
- Excerpt:"As our State Representative, Dr. VanDeWalle will make sure Texas remains the job creating capital of America."
Solve Texas Healthcare
- Excerpt:"Dr. VanDeWalle will always protect our health and small businesses."
Defend Life And Liberty
- Excerpt:"Dr. VanDeWalle will stand up to any government attempt to restrict the personal liberties detailed in the Constitution. This means upholding the entire Bill of Rights at all costs. "
- Excerpt:"Dr. VanDeWalle is focused on providing the best environment for student learning. He believes we must focus on hiring and rewarding the best teachers, and empowering parents and schools with more local control and the flexibility to make the best decisions."
Elections for the office of Texas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Celia Israel was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mike VanDeWalle was unopposed in the Republican primary. Israel, VanDeWalle and David Dreesen (L) will face off in the general election.
A special election for the position of Texas House of Representatives District 50 was called for November 5, 2013, with a runoff if necessary on January 28, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was September 4, 2013. The seat was vacant following Mark Strama's (D) resignation to lead Google's fiber optics operation in Austin, Texas. Celia Israel (D) and Mike VanDeWalle (R) advanced past Rico Reyes (D) and Jade Chang Sheppard (D) in the special election. Israel defeated VanDeWalle in the runoff election.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 50, Runoff Election, 2014|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 50, Special Election, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + VanDeWalle + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- drmikefortexas.com, "Issues," accessed February 21, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- texastribune.org, "Special Election to Replace Strama Set for Nov. 5," July 11, 2013
- sos.state.tx.us, "Candidates for House of Representatives, District 50 Special Election," accessed September 6, 2013
- team1.sos.state.tx.us, "Unofficial election results," November 5, 2013
- Texas Tribune, "Israel Defeats VanDeWalle in HD-50 Runoff," January 28, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed February 21, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |