Mike Wilson, Ohio Politician
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Ohio House of Representatives District 28|
|High school||Saint Xavier High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Cincinnati|
|Place of birth||Cincinnati, OH|
After a tight 2010 battle with incumbent Pillich, Wilson once again faced her in 2012, as well as Libertarian Robert Ryan.
Wilson ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 28. Wilson defeated Lonnie Bowling Jr. in the March 6 Republican primary election and was defeated by incumbent Connie Pillich (D). Robert R. Ryan (L) also ran in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 28, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Connie Pillich Incumbent||52%||33,588|
|Libertarian||Robert R. Ryan||4.4%||2,860|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 28 Republican Primary, 2012|
Wilson supports a long term phase out of Ohio's income tax, and on the issue of entitlements, he supports keeping the programs in their current form for those near retirement. He is pro-gun.
In 2012, Wilson was endorsed by the following:
- Buckeye Firearms
- Cincinnati Right to Life
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Ohio PAC
- Ohio Right to Life PAC
- Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters
- Hamilton County Commissioner Chris Monzel
- Hamilton County Commissioner Greg Hartmann
- COAST – Coalition Opposed to Additional Spending and Taxes
- Wilson was endorsed by the Cincinnati Tea Party, of which he is a founder.
Wilson and his wife, Joni, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Wilson + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- No. 10 Nebraska wins six of final seven matches to beat No. 11 Ohio State - NCAA.com
- Republicans Seeking To Develop Alternative To Obamacare - Huffington Post
- Mike Huckabee Makes Epic Flip-Flop On Birth Control Coverage - Huffington Post
- Seattle Seahawks take on the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII - 12th Man Rising
- Playing the Waiver Wire for Week 13 - CBSSports.com
- Question of the week responses: Special election for Waugh's state Senate seat? - York Daily Record
- Honda Campaign Hits Back At Ro Khanna's 'People's Pledge' With An Alternative - Huffington Post
- Georgia mailbag: Change is afoot, on the gridiron and the court - Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
- Cardinal Mooney move granted more time to raise funds - WFMJ
- TGIF: Happenings -- a look at what's coming up in Northeast Ohio - News-Herald.com
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Mike Wilson on Facebook
- Mike Wilson on Twitter
- Mike Wilson on YouTube
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State “2012 primary results”
- citizenzformikewilson.com "Issues," Accessed October 31, 2012
- Secretary of State, Ohio House of Representatives elections results
- Cincinnati Tea Party, Mike Wilson biography
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |