|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Tennessee, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
was a 2014 Independent
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 6th Congressional District
He was defeated by incumbent Diane Black
(R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
He was a Democratic candidate for District 62 of the Tennessee House of Representatives. The primary election was on August 5, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010.
- See also: Tennessee's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
Winton ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Tennessee's 6th District. He was defeated by incumbent Diane Black (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 6 General Election, 2014
||Diane Black Incumbent
|| Amos Powers
|| Mike Winton
|Source: Tennessee Secretary of State Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.
- See also: Tennessee House of Representatives elections, 2010
Jenny W. Hunt defeated Winton in the August 5 primary. Hunt faced Republican Pat Marsh in the general election on November 2, 2010.
- ↑ Tennessee.gov, "Governor, United States Senate, and United States House of Representatives Petitions Filed by Qualifying Deadline," accessed April 3, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Huffington Post, "Election 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
- ↑ Tennessee.gov, "Unofficial Democratic state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010"