|North Carolina State Senate District 22|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Durham City Councilman|
|Profession||Administrator at Duke University|
Woodard's professional experience includes working as an administrator at Duke University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Woodard served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations on General Government and Information Technology|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Health Care|
|• Program Evaluation|
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Mike Woodard was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Milton Holmes defeated Herman Joubert in the Republican primary. Holmes was disqualified from the race on June 17, 2014, after the board of elections determined that Holmes did not live in the district. Woodard defeated Joubert in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Mike Woodard Incumbent||67.1%||47,978|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22 Republican Primary, 2014|
Woodward ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 22. He defeated Kerry Sutton in the Democratic primary on May 8. He defeated Milton Holmes (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina State Senate District 22 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Woodard is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Woodard raised a total of $16,737 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 28, 2013.
|Mike Woodard's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina State Senate, District 22||$16,737|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,737|
2012Woodard won election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Woodard raised a total of $16,737.
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Woodard's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$2,000|
|State Employees Association of North Carolina||$1,250|
|Mike & Sarah Woodard||$612|
|Kevin & Darlene Davis||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,737|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly was in session from January 9 to July 26. In 2014, the North Carolina General Assembly will be in session from May 14 through a date to be determined by the legislature.
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environment and conservation issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Civitas Action: 2013 Full Rankings
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues and ideals.
- Environment North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key environmental issues.
- Environment North Carolina: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Democracy North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their votes on 20 bills picked by the organization that they consider the worst of the session.
- N.C. Values Coalition: 2014 Pro-family Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to pro-family and Biblical values.
- North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare: 2014 Legislative Report Cards
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to animal welfare, sponsoring animal welfare bills, completing the NCVAW survey and responsiveness to animal advocates constituents.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Woodard + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Indyweek.com, "Mike Woodard, Kerry Sutton running for Durham state senate seat," accessed September 14, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Sen. Mike Woodard," accessed March 25, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Results, 2012," accessed April 15, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Woodard, James Michael," accessed August 28, 2013
Harris Blake (D)
|North Carolina State Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|