|North Carolina State Senate District 22|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Durham City Councilman|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Woodard served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations on General Government and Information Technology|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Health Care|
|• Program Evaluation|
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Mike Woodard is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Herman Joubert will face Milton Holmes in the Republican primary.
Woodward ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 22. He defeated Kerry Sutton in the Democratic primary on May 8. He defeated Milton Holmes (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina State Senate District 22 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Woodard is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Woodard raised a total of $16,737 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 28, 2013.
|Mike Woodard's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina State Senate, District 22||$16,737|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,737|
2012Woodard won election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Woodard raised a total of $16,737.
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Woodard's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$2,000|
|State Employees Association of North Carolina||$1,250|
|Mike & Sarah Woodard||$612|
|Kevin & Darlene Davis||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,737|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Woodard + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Indyweek.com "Mike Woodard, Kerry Sutton running for Durham state senate seat," Accessed September 14, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina Elections "Primary Results, 2012"
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 5, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Woodard, James Michael" Accessed August 28, 2013
Harris Blake (D)
|North Carolina State Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|