|North Carolina State Senate District 22|
|Years in position ||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Durham City Councilman|
|Profession||Administrator at Duke University|
is a Democratic
member of the North Carolina State Senate
, representing District 22
. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
Woodard's professional experience includes working as an administrator at Duke University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Woodard served on the following committees:
- See also: North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Mike Woodard was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Milton Holmes defeated Herman Joubert in the Republican primary. Holmes was disqualified from the race on June 17, 2014, after the board of elections determined that Holmes did not live in the district. Woodard is unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22 Republican Primary, 2014
| Herman Joubert
- See also: North Carolina State Senate elections, 2012
Woodward ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 22. He defeated Kerry Sutton in the Democratic primary on May 8. He defeated Milton Holmes (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22, General Election, 2012
|| Milton Holmes
|North Carolina State Senate District 22 Democratic Primary, 2012
| Kerry Sutton
Comprehensive donor information for Woodard is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Woodard raised a total of $16,737 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 28, 2013.
Woodard won election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Woodard raised a total of $16,737
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Woodard's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$2,000|
|State Employees Association of North Carolina||$1,250|
|Mike & Sarah Woodard||$612|
|Kevin & Darlene Davis||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,737|
|Source:Follow the Money
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Woodard + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Mike Woodard News Feed
- ↑ Indyweek.com, "Mike Woodard, Kerry Sutton running for Durham state senate seat," accessed September 14, 2012
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Sen. Mike Woodard," accessed March 25, 2014
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Results, 2012," accessed April 15, 2014
- ↑ North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Woodard, James Michael," accessed August 28, 2013
| Political offices
Harris Blake (D)
|North Carolina State Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|