Milam County, Texas
Milam County is a county located in the U.S. state of Texas. In 2000, its population was 24,238. Milam County is named for Benjamin Rush Milam (pronounced "MY-lum"), an early settler and a soldier in the Texas Revolution. The seat of the county is Cameron.
Main article Evaluation of Texas county websites
- Past and current budgets are disclosed online.
- The most current financial report is disclosed, but could not find archived ones.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are posted online. There is also an archive of them. There is also a calendar of meetings.
- Some permits are posted online.
- General contact information is available for the county clerk, along with a submission form for some documents.
- General contact information is provided for the Commissioner's Court and Administrative Officials, but no e-mails are provided.
- Zoning ordinances are not disclosed online.
- E-mail is not listed for the County Clerk, nor is information available on how to request public records.
- Information on any local tax rates is not provided.
- Milam County government website
- Informational website about the county
- Genealogical and Historical informational website about the county
- Public Records Directory - Milam County
- Milam County on E-Reference