Minnesota House of Representatives District 9B
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 9B|
|Current incumbent||Ron Kresha|
|Ethnicity||0.4% Black, 1.4% Hispanic|
|Voting age||75.3% age 18 and over|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
As of the 2010 census, a total of 39,347 civilians reside within Minnesota's state house district 9B. Minnesota state representatives represent an average of 39,582 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 36,713 residents.
About the chamber
- Eligible to vote in Minnesota
- Have not filed for more than one office for the upcoming primary or general election
- At least 21 years old
- A resident of Minnesota for a least one year
- A resident of the legislative district for at least 6 months before the general election date
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the Minnesota legislature are paid $31,140.90/year. Senators receive $96/day per diem while representatives receive $66/day. The rates are set by the legislature.
In Minnesota, all vacancies in the house must be filled by a special election. It is up to the appropriate elections authorities to schedule an election as soon as possible. The election must be held during the next general election if there is more than 150 days left in the term. If the house is in session, a special election must be called by the Governor no later than 35 days after the vacancy happened. If a vacancy happens when the house is out of session and less than 150 days are left in the term, a special election must called by the Governor as soon as possible. This is to allow the winner of the election to be sworn in when the house reconvenes.
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Al Doty was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ron Kresha was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kresha defeated Doty in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 9B General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ron Kresha Incumbent||56.4%||8,449|
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 14, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 5, 2012. Ron Kresha (R) defeated Adrian Welle (D) in the general election. Neither candidate faced opposition in their primary.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 9B, General Election, 2012|
Since 2000, candidates for Minnesota House of Representatives District 9B have raised a total of $312,907. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $22,351 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, Minnesota House of Representatives District 9B|
- For more information on the parameters the U.S. Census Bureau use, please see our Race and Ethnicity on the United States Census page.
- publicmapping.org, "Minnesota 2010 Census Selected Statistics," accessed November 12, 2013
- Minnesota Statutes "Chapter 3, Section 3.05," accessed December 17, 2013
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Guide for Candidates," accessed December 17, 2013
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- Minnesota Revisor of Statutes, "Minnesota Election Law," accessed December 17, 2013(Referenced Statute 351.055)
- Minnesota Revisor of Statutes, "Minnesota Election Law," accessed December 17, 2013(Referenced Statute 204D.19 (1)-(3))
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 general election results," accessed November 5, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed November 12, 2013
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed November 12, 2013
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |