Minnesota down ballot state executive elections, 2014
August 12, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
- 1 Auditor
- 2 Campaign media
- 3 Key deadlines
- 4 Ballotpedia reports
- 5 Recent news
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Rebecca Otto (D) is seeking re-election to the office and faced a well-funded primary challenge from former state legislator Matt Entenza (D). The general election features Republican Randy Gilbert, Libertarian Party candidate Keegan Iversen, Grassroots Party candidate Judith Schwartzbacker and Independence Party candidate Patrick Dean.
Minnesota is one of 14 states that uses an open primary system, in which registered voters do not have to be members of a party to vote in that party's primary. The primary election was held on August 12.
Defeated in the primary
|Minnesota Auditor, Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Minnesota Secretary of State. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 100% precincts reporting.|
Randy Gilbert was unopposed for the Republican primary.
The Office of the State Auditor oversees spending by local governments in Minnesota through financial, compliance and special audits.
|Minnesota Auditor, General Election, 2010|
|Election Results Via: Minnesota Secretary of State|
|May 20, 2014||First day of candidate filing period|
|June 3, 2014||Last day of candidate filing period|
|August 12, 2014||Primary election|
|November 4, 2014||General election|
|November 25, 2014||State Canvassing Board meeting to certify election results|
|January 5, 2015||Inauguration day for state executive officials in general election|
To learn more about developments in these races, check out the following news articles from Ballotpedia:
- Minnesota state executive elections review: Comfortable wins, close calls share the stage in Minnesota primaries
- Minnesota state executive elections preview: Heated races for governor, auditor highlight primary day in Minnesota
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Minnesota + state + auditor + election"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 29, 2014
- Office of the State Auditor, "Description of the office," accessed October 1, 2011
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Election Calendar," accessed August 26, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |