Minnesota transparency legislation
Below is a listing of transparency legislation that has been active in the state of Minnesota.
- See also: Minnesota Data Practices Act
Senate Bill 94 (and companion House Bill 100) would make "certain records pertaining to the I-35W bridge collapse compensation program" exempt from public disclosure. Sen. Limmer (R-Maple Grove) questioned the proposed bill, saying that "the public has a right to know ... how the compensation board makes its decisions. That record should be as open to the public as possible."
There is a bill pending in the Legislature that seeks to restrict public access to information about the University of Minnesota's public endowment.
- Minnesota HF 548 (2007), which was signed into law by Governor Tim Pawlenty, will list all entities receiving state funds along with the name and location of the entity and the amount of all state funds received. As of yet, no database has been created by the state.
Buried transparency bills
- Minnesota SF 416 (2007) which would have placed state contracts and grants into a searchable web database.
- Minnesota HF 376 (2007) which was authored by Eric Paulsen which would have created a searchable database on the web for state contracts and appropriations.
- Text of SF94
- Text of HF100
- Friday opinuendo: On scrutiny, apostrophes, Blagoheads and more, Twin Cities.com, February 6, 2009
- Bill would restrict public access to some 'U' info, Associated Press, April 18, 2009
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |