Florida State Senate, District 25
|Political party||No party affiliation|
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
| Florida State Senate, District 25 |
2010 General election results
|Ellyn Bogdanoff (R)||82,583||57.66%|
|Kelly Skidmore (D)||53,958||37.67%|
|Miranda Rosenberg (NPA)||6,694||4.67%|
On her campaign website, Rosenberg lists five issues she is concerned about. They are:
- Excerpt: "Physicians and their patients should be able to determine medical care, not insurance company accountants who have more interest in their company’s wealth than in the patient’s health."
- Excerpt: "Although objectively evaluating our educational system is necessary, basing a student’s graduation, teachers’ salaries, and a school’s budget on the results of a single examination does not generate a better educational system. Teachers are pressured to focus on the “FCAT curriculum,” rather than a rich and diverse education."
- Political Reform
- Excerpt: "Reforming the legislative session to meet for the same amount of time, but spread out throughout the year, would prevent good bills from dying, flawed bills from being pushed through recklessly, and would make expensive special sessions unnecessary, saving our state money."
- Excerpt: "Businesses in Florida are overburdened with regulations. Calling for each department within the state to identify unnecessary rules and regulations which could be eliminated will help small businesses grow, enabling them to hire more people, and will make our great state more attractive to the business community."
- The Environment
- Excerpt: "We must make certain that construction and new developments do not negatively impact our water resources, and that commercial ventures do not ruin the environment which makes Florida so attractive."
- 2010 candidates for Florida State Senate
- August 24, 2010 primary election results
- Miranda Rosenberg campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Miranda Rosenberg on Facebook
- Miranda Rosenberg on Twitter